Saturday, April 27, 2013

Glogster


In most school districts, teachers are required to have some sort of webpage. I recently came across the site Glogster and I feel that it would be a useful technology for classroom teachers. During my fieldwork and student teaching experience, I could use this site as a means of creating a website for my class. This site provides various backgrounds, colors, and animations that make for a visually striking page. In the past, I have had teachers create a site that was very plain and boring and disorganized. This website is specifically designed for educators and has the necessary features for an effective classroom resource.

This site would provide me a central location to post information relevant to my classes. During the first few weeks of school I could post information about myself so my students and their parents can get to know me. In addition, I could continuously use this website to post homework and other assignments. In doing so, any student that is absent or misses my class will be able to access any missed work. This also provides parents access to what is being covered in class so that they can assist their child at home.

This website could also be updated for each new unit. The site allows you to upload videos and photos. I could post introductory videos to a topic, fun facts, and tutorial videos to provide students extra help and assistance if they are struggling. This allows them to be able to receive help outside of school to further their work. Many students spend numerous hours on the computer each night. By using technologies such as Glogster it increases the chance students will access the material provided to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment